Wednesday, March 19, 2008

What I have been thinking about lately

So lately I have been finding myself thinking alot about Laura Linney. Or, more to the point, I have been thinking about how much in love I am with Ms. Linney. It's not because she is beautiful. Though she is. It's not because she is immensily talented. Though she is.



There is just something about her personality, or to be fair since I have never met her it would be her persona, that is just completely beautiful and alluring.

Seeing her recently in "The Savages" and at the Oscars started this late Linney fascination for me and the flame has continued to burn as Ms. Linney has been playing Abigail Adams in the HBO miniseries John Adams. I haven't been able to see much of the show, but what I have seen has been very good. Paul Giamatti gives a great performance and the production values are top notch.

In a little bit that I saw, Ms. Linney's Abigail is on screen and she appears to have some sort of boils or something on her face. This makes sense, because 18th century medical care was slightly less refined as we are used to today. So it would make sense that all sorts of ailments would befall just about everybody. So we have Laura Linney with boils on her face. I get it. Bravo for having the courage to portray history with a sense of how things really were. A history with warts (or boils) and all.

But I am forced to confront my emotions honestly and I have come to the following statement of truth for me.

"Yeah, Abigail Adams, with the boils on her face, makes me hot."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

and you win.