Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Stomach Growling

Ok, it's not just because it is just after 1:00 P.M local time and I am starving and I am sending out frantic e-mails and text messages to people trying to find somebody (anybody!) to go down the street to the nearest bar and grill to go grab lunch. Ok, maybe it is because of that....but I really just wanted to say that I love lunch, not only as a meal, but as a concept. That is why I found this blog so entertaining. (H/T: Sullivan)

I like taking time in the middle of the day for a respite. I like sitting down either by myself, or with friends to enjoy some food around the noon hour. I like that "lunch" can be an opportunity to reconnect with people. The phrase "hey, let's get together for lunch sometime" is music to my unsatiated ears. I like that "lunch" can be both refreshing and productive, i.e. the "working lunch." I like that "lunch" can be an opportunity to network.

I like sandwiches.


I like burgers. I like chips. I like fries. I even like salads and soup if I am doing the "light lunch."
Today, lunch, or perhaps more accurately my friends, has foresaken me. I am frickin' starving over here.

No comments: